Readability rating: A
Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 5.2.
We’ve made some changes. ReadablePro has never been easier to use, and it looks fantastic. Here’s an overview of the main enhancements.
We’ve added six more readability algorithms to our scoring tools:
- Lix. Finally, an algorithm that will work with Spanish, French, German and other European languages
- Linsear Write. Good for technical writing
- Powers-Sumner-Kearl. Best for elementary-school text
- FORCAST. Best for technical writing
- Raygor Readability. Best for middle-school text
- Fry Readability. Great for general purpose scoring
Click on score text in the top menu and you’re ready to go. Start typing and start scoring, with minimal fuss.
You can even get started by loading demo text from the right-hand column.
- Clutter-free. We’ve moved to a cleaner and more contemporary design, removing excessive clicks in the process
- Revamped menu. Our biggest change and the one that will help you the most. Now found at the top of your app, the menu takes up much less space – a massive boost for smaller screens
- Easy to navigate. Quickly find the Pro or free tool you’re looking for
Within it is a snapshot of your text and how each paragraph is scoring for readability.
Through a traffic light system you can see how severe an issue is.
- Red: Lots of work to do.
- Amber: Some work needed.
- Green: You’re all good!
Simply select a sidebar icon and you’ll be taken to that section. Which is easily found in the main text through some nifty highlighting and underlining.
Results are more compact, but easier to understand. The dashboard loads with an overview of your scores and highlights the good, the bad and the ugly of your website’s readability.
You have three more tabs to explore:
- Results. Individual scores for all of your pages
- Add URLs. Focus on the results you want by adding, removing and tweaking the URLs that ReadablePro’s scanned from your domain
- Website settings. Amend how we scan your website
This is something we’ve been looking forward to adding for a long time. You can now delete multiple files and URLs, in one go.
No more sitting down to a long session of clicking on the rubbish bin and then OK.
The readability enthusiasts among you will have noticed that Raygor and Fry are usually based on graphs. We’ve converted these to algorithms, so you can use Raygor and Fry results in website scoring, file scoring and our readability API.
To accommodate these into your readability grade levels and readability scores on the right-hand column, we’ve simplified the display.
Tell us what you think
As always, we want to know what you think of the platform. What do you love, what drives you mad and what makes you feel indifferent?
We can only improve through the feedback you give us, big or small.