Readability is a cornerstone of content marketing, which helps readers understand the message that is being told to them. This leads to higher levels of engagement, trust in your content and a happy reader.
I recently wrote an article on readability for the Content Marketing Institue, which is a primer to boosting your content's readability in nine steps:
1. Have a customer focus
2. Get a baseline score
3. Revise to achieve the correct reading level
4. Shorten your sentences
5. Reduce the number of long words
6. Scrub your copy of buzzwords, geekspeak, jargon, and acronyms
7. Don’t overuse adverbs
8. Set a balance between formal and conversational
9. Seek feedback and proofread
Read the full article on contentmarketinginstitute.com and start creating readable content, today.